Despite the fact that during the quarter I never once had to pull an all nighter, the combination of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part One) midnight showing and helping the boyfriend pack/driving him to the train station, the night before I traveled home I got about 3 hours of sleep.
I spent the day:
- Traveling through time zones
- Sitting in the chicago airport trolling the internet
- Texting my parents profane messages expressing my joy over not receiving 89% on my final grades
- Watching the entire crew of the Enterprise make fun of Spock for being logical
- Attempting to sleep upright while the chatty-Cathy man in my aisle made awkward jokes
- And fighting back my newly developed airplane landing sickness
But I did not throw up when I landed in Portland last night (WIN), I also, for once, did not bawl my eyes out upon seeing the beautiful teal geometric goodness that is the PDX airport carpeting.
Still, I was very happy, even when my luggage did not show up, because I have not been home in 6 months.
As tired as I was, I waited for my sister to get home from dance before going to bed. I was slightly disgruntled because my tooth-brush and retainer were in my checked luggage. (I am very meticulous about my dental habits but, apparently, not vigilant enough.)
Then I walked up to my room and saw the very bright, very 70s, glowing red-orange carpet that still graces my floor.
I said goodnight to Mr. Bond who faces my bed and slept, occasionally waking up confused and then happily realizing where I was.
TODAY I’m going to my sister’s dance competition. TOMORROW I am taking over the world. (That was a very empty threat.)
Sorry for the long post I am just so happy that I am home.*
*Although at the same time exceptionally sad that I am without Ale-ale-jandro.